Hello gorgeous! No, not you (though I mean no offense). I was talking to your brain. Your brain is an amazingly beautiful and brilliant thing. It’s absolutely fascinating the more you understand how it works and where in your brain certain responses, feeling and thoughts happen.
I owe my love of the mind to MindMap Mastery coach Dax Moy. He introduced me to mind mapping when I went with my buddy CJ to one of Dax’s two-day conferences. By the end I was hooked, and it’s become the core of my coaching philosophy.
So what’s this all about?
In today’s episode, I’m going to share with you some seriously fascinating tidbits about how your brain has evolved to allow you to become self-actualized, and how three specific parts of your brain work together to control two important parts of your autonomic immune system. This is important because your best and strongest self can only be realized when you are in the proper state of mind – a state that just so happens to regulate the hormones in your body and bring balance. So without further adieu, here’s what you’ll learn today:
- What is the science of transformation and why you should care ([02:31])
- What your brain is built around and why it thrives on habits ([02:50])
- The triune brain, its parts, and why it’s responsible for everything from hunger to sadness to logical though ([03:05])
- What habits actually free up your brain to do ([03:41])
- Where danger, food and sex actually register in your brain ([04:02])
- Where you feel connection, experience, emotion and attachment ([05:05])
- An area of the brain that is larger and more pronounced in women, and why ([05:38])
- How to avoid lowering your testosterone levels by not holding crying babies. Mostly for the guys … ([06:15])
- Where logical and linear thought happens ([06:45])
- The key difference between change and transformation ([07:35])
- What you need to realize when trying to form new habits and why it’s not an “information” problem ([08:15])
- Why you should pay close attention to your main recurring top of mind emotions and what they actually mean ([09:33])
- How your hormones regulate your metabolism and the rest of your body (Hint: you can hack your weight by regulating hormones. Here’s how) … ([10:01])
- The two parts of your autonomic nervous system that control your hormones and at the same time enhance your chances of survival in stressful situations ([11:18])
- We’ve talked about this before, but the sympathetic nervous system’s response to stress is: Freeze, Flight or Fight. The order is important, and shows how brilliant your brain is … ([10:04])
- Two alertness hormones that activate your muscular system ([12:47])
- Why activating your parasympathetic nervous system is so important for being healthy and losing weight ([13:20])
- How your brain sees judgement and why it’s a significant threat to your strength journey ([15:07])
- Why to get permission and give permission. This is crucial for our subconscious to accept suggestions ([16:23])
- The most stressful time of the day and how to plan for dealing with the natural stress response to get back into your parasympathetic nervous system … ([17:49])
There’s a lot for you to digest in here. And which nervous system should you be in while you digest it? Just making sure you were paying attention …
All right, that’s all I’ve go for you today. Next time we’ll expand this MindMAP concept a bit further where we’ll talk about will power and how understanding how your mind works can make you willpower obsolete.
Keep pressing forward and win your week. You’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell