Yoda, Einstein and Seinfeld
What do these 3 characters have in common?
They all had a life philosophy to live by.
Yes, I know this is the second time this week we are talking about philosophy.
And in case you are behind, on Wednesday I wrote about my training philosophies.
Well, today my good friend, I am going to let you in on some of my life’s philosophies.
You know, as each year goes by, I get more and more confident. Not arrogant, but SELF-confident. After some reflection, I realize that is because my life philosophies are really becoming more ingrained and taking ‘root’.
I cannot state the importance of having a list of principals you live by.
I will not list them all here, but I will be covering this in much more detail in an upcoming podcast (you do realize I now have a podcast, right?:)).
Without further ado:
- My mind must be nurtured each day through learning new things and connection with a higher power. A weak mind equals a weak life.
- I get final say of who I let into my life. If someone drains me, they get banned from my life. And no, this doesn’t have to be a confrontation. I just cut off my life’s energy from them leeching off it anymore. I know who’s opinions to value and whose don’t.
- Time is the most precious thing that I have, I must protect is like my life depends on it, because it does.
- I cannot reason with emotion. It’s a losing proposition. Don’t offer up ‘coaching’ in any relationship in your life if the person doesn’t ask you for it.
- Nearly any skill can be learned through repetition. And repetition is what separates the successful from the tire-kickers. Enthusiasm is easy, endurance is the hard part.
Wo-MAN, that is therapeutic just writing it out once again. Give it a try. I could go on forever, but my workout with the Wolverine is calling my name.
Be different. Get clear on your philosophy.
P.S-Wednesday was the first day of the sale of the new Time Mastery Manual. 25 pages in all. Only 9 lucky people were selected to hear the live workshop. You can check out now in honor of Black Friday for pennies on the dollar: http://kylenewell.com/time
P.P.S-Today is the last day of our Black Friday sales at Newell Strength. You can get any of our products or services for 15% off. If you are looking for holiday gifts, look no further.