I had never heard of an echo chamber until this year’s election.
Basically, it’s when no outside voice or opinion can be heard or is allowed ‘in’ and the same information, correct or not, get’s ‘echoed’ back and forth.
And oh boy…how this sure does apply to the wonderful field of fitness.
Here are just some of the ‘echoes’ that your Tool Boy, big box gym, personal trainers are sure to be telling people coming into the new year.
- Just work harder, that’ll work. Use all the will power you can muster because obviously you have just been weak-willed in the past.
- Cut out carbs and count your calories. This will do the trick (and not to mention it’s pretty fun to carry around tupperware and a scale everywhere you go).
- Make sure you do 30 minutes of ‘cardio’ after your machine based weight training session . This will ensure you are in the fat-burning zone and I know you have all the time in the world to spend here in my gym, like a human guinea pig.
- Do what I do and you will look like me. My six-pack has NOTHING to do with having the right genetics and weighing 175 pounds soaking wet.
- Train arms and abs one day and back and chest on another day. You can skip legs except for throwing in a few sets of leg presses a couple of times per week.
Man how I cringe when I hear these bums talk and spew this mis-information and ‘fake news’ of fitness.
It is a choice what you choose to believe.
But remember, what you believe for a long period of time will become a part of your faith (faith doesn’t just have a religious meaning).
Be careful and mindful of echo chambers and tool boys.
Here’s a way to save someone you love from the fake news of fitness; get them a 3-Week Test Drive at Newell Strength. It’s the best $99 gift you’ll ever give:) http://www.newellstrength.com/3wtd
Be different – Kyle Newell