We are going to be releasing a few recipes each month on Wednesdays, interspersed with clients stories.
For the first one, thanks to Chef Devon, she made:
Easy Crockpot Butternut Squash & Quinoa Soup
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 packet (1.12 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, seed, and chop the butternut squash into small bite-sized pieces (or buy pre-chopped butternut squash which is what I did to save time).
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans and corn.
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray (I use a 6-quart crockpot). Add in the quinoa, chopped squash, kidney beans, corn, undrained tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper to taste, and fajita seasoning packet. (OR try a chili seasoning packet if you enjoy those flavors better).
- Pour in the chicken broth and give everything a good stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the quinoa is cooked through and the squash is very tender.
- At this point you can remove some of the squash and mash it with a potato masher and then put it back in the soup. This is totally optional! I ended up just mashing them a little bit with my spoon before I dove in which was perfect.
- Pour a bowl and enjoy! You can add any toppings you like or just eat it as is which is so tasty!!!
Think differently – Kyle Newell
P.S-Whenever you’re ready here are 3 more ways we can help you transform your life, lose weight and gain bundles of energy:
- Our brand new challenge, Super Moms, is coming is starting January 20th and running for 6 weeks. We know this program is going to be a home-run for all the moms out there. Members and non-members are welcome to try it out. We will only have 12 spots for each location. Keep your eyes peeled. If you are a member and bring an outside Mom to join for it, your $99 entrance fee is waived.
- Mark your calendars. Our first Heart Health Seminar was such a HUGE hit that we are having more of them this year. The next one will be on Friday, January 31st, in Flemington. You can register for your seats here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-have-the-healthiest-heart-around-tickets-87160494385
3. We are having the area’s first ever Menopause specific seminar to help women piece this tricky puzzle together. Spots are limited, all are welcome, but you gotta register (it’s free, so don’t grab a spot unless you are sure you can come!) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-deal-with-menopause-tickets-88041940815